How do I display my PocketPC screen on my Desktop?

Scott

10/13/2002 7:43:00 PM

Recently, I was at a Microsoft sponsered .NET development conference, where
a gentleman developed a very quick application for his Ipaq. During the
presentation, he had a projector and was displaying the code from his
desktop onto a bigscreen. Then, he plugged his IPAQ (PocketPC 2002) into
the machine and launched an application that showed exactly what was being
displayed on his IPAQ.

Initially, I thought it was just an emulator, but as he talked I realized
that this wasn't just an emulator, but it was actually his PocketPC being
displayed through the desktop. At the time, I wasn't doing any development
on mobile devices, so didnt think to ask him about what the name of the app
was. Now, I wish I had.

Does anyone know of an application that will let me view what is being
displayed on the Pocket PC screen, showing it to me on my desktop through
the sync mechanism? Of course, freeware is preferable, but any solution
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Scott

6 Answers

Sven Betzold

Hi Scott,

invest 199$ (sorry no freeware - hardware!) you get what your are looking
for - "Presenter-to-Go". A Type II CF Card -> have a look at
http://www.....

---sven

"Scott" <dumbemailaddress-@-insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Recently, I was at a Microsoft sponsered .NET development conference,
where
> a gentleman developed a very quick application for his Ipaq. During the
> presentation, he had a projector and was displaying the code from his
> desktop onto a bigscreen. Then, he plugged his IPAQ (PocketPC 2002) into
> the machine and launched an application that showed exactly what was being
> displayed on his IPAQ.
>
> Initially, I thought it was just an emulator, but as he talked I realized
> that this wasn't just an emulator, but it was actually his PocketPC being
> displayed through the desktop. At the time, I wasn't doing any
development
> on mobile devices, so didnt think to ask him about what the name of the
app
> was. Now, I wish I had.
>
> Does anyone know of an application that will let me view what is being
> displayed on the Pocket PC screen, showing it to me on my desktop through
> the sync mechanism? Of course, freeware is preferable, but any solution
> would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

(Raymond Fink)

The Remote Display Control Power Toy is what you're looking for.
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/stepbystep/remotedisplay.as...

In article <chiq9.27271$Fz.66205@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, "Scott"
<dumbemailaddress-@-insightbb.com> wrote:
>Recently, I was at a Microsoft sponsered .NET development conference, where
>a gentleman developed a very quick application for his Ipaq. During the
>presentation, he had a projector and was displaying the code from his
>desktop onto a bigscreen. Then, he plugged his IPAQ (PocketPC 2002) into
>the machine and launched an application that showed exactly what was being
>displayed on his IPAQ.
>
>Initially, I thought it was just an emulator, but as he talked I realized
>that this wasn't just an emulator, but it was actually his PocketPC being
>displayed through the desktop. At the time, I wasn't doing any development
>on mobile devices, so didnt think to ask him about what the name of the app
>was. Now, I wish I had.
>
>Does anyone know of an application that will let me view what is being
>displayed on the Pocket PC screen, showing it to me on my desktop through
>the sync mechanism? Of course, freeware is preferable, but any solution
>would be helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

Sven Betzold

Not really - this tool "only" displays a screenshot... not the running
application.

"Raymond Fink" <rkf@inel.gov> wrote in message
> The Remote Display Control Power Toy is what you're looking for.

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/stepbystep/remotedisplay....
99

> In article <chiq9.27271$Fz.66205@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, "Scott"
> <dumbemailaddress-@-insightbb.com> wrote:
> >Recently, I was at a Microsoft sponsered .NET development conference,
where
> >a gentleman developed a very quick application for his Ipaq. During the
> >presentation, he had a projector and was displaying the code from his
> >desktop onto a bigscreen. Then, he plugged his IPAQ (PocketPC 2002) into
> >the machine and launched an application that showed exactly what was
being
> >displayed on his IPAQ.
> >
> >Initially, I thought it was just an emulator, but as he talked I realized
> >that this wasn't just an emulator, but it was actually his PocketPC being
> >displayed through the desktop. At the time, I wasn't doing any
development
> >on mobile devices, so didnt think to ask him about what the name of the
app
> >was. Now, I wish I had.
> >
> >Does anyone know of an application that will let me view what is being
> >displayed on the Pocket PC screen, showing it to me on my desktop through
> >the sync mechanism? Of course, freeware is preferable, but any solution
> >would be helpful.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Scott

Rasmus Nielsen

You could try this little thing, it works fine for me.
There is a trail version it works for 3 days, i think, but
it is only 25 $, for the full version.

//Rasmus

Bill Wagner

Care to say what little thing works fine?

-bill

"Rasmus Nielsen" <rni@2bm.dk> wrote in message
> You could try this little thing, it works fine for me.
> There is a trail version it works for 3 days, i think, but
> it is only 25 $, for the full version.
>
> //Rasmus

Rasmus Nielsen

Sorry ... I forgot the link ... Here it is.

http://www.soti.net/bot.asp?Cm...

//Rasmus