microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Downloading New SDK Killed my VS.NET

Ronald

10/12/2002 4:00:00 PM

I had been using VS.NET Beta2, with an older version of
the SDK framework. Then, I decided to download the newest
version of SDK, V1.0.3705 Now, I cannot use VS.NET.
When I open a new project, the following happens:

1.) I cannot access the WebForms Controls:
When I open the Toolbox, all of the WebForms controls
are "greyed-out."

2.) I cannot access the Server Explorer:
When I click on View/Server Explorer, nothing happens

3.) When I try to compile, I receive the error:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ASP11\WebForm1.aspx.resx Resource
transformation for file 'WebForm1.aspx.resx' failed. File
or assembly name System.Windows.Forms, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

4.) When I try to run one of my old programs that access a
database, I get the error:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for
user 'RKREVAT-H\ASPNET'
I never received this error before, when I was using the
old SDK framework.

I would like to know what I would need to do in order to
fix this situation. Thank you.
.

1 Answer

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

Get the retail version of VS.NET, Beta versions of VS.NET cannot be used with newer versions of the framework and it's illegal to
use any of the Beta versions.

Willy.