Default project provokes InvalidCastException

MichealH

10/10/2002 9:43:00 PM

First time working with the MMIT, so have no experience against which to
compare this as I try to get past it.

Using C# in VS.NET on Win2K Server, if I create a new Mobile project and
accept all the defaults (http://localhost/MobileWebApplication1), then
"build and browse" MobileWebForm1.aspx, I get a stack trace with the
following at the top:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.HtmlPageAdaptor.DeviceQualifier(HttpCo
ntext context) + 26

I get the same output if I roll and build my own Mobile project (that is,
http://localhost/MyMobileProject, etc.). I also get this output running on
the emulators on my box. I can't see where I have any control over the
value of "context", which I assume is the culprit. The codebehind page
notes that it is using System.Web, so the HttpContext namespace is
presumably in scope.

By comparison, I have otherwise been able to build ASP.NET Web applications
on this box without problems.

Anyone know what gives here? Thanks for any help.

MichealH