microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

strong typed Collection

Azmodan

9/25/2002 2:13:00 PM

Hy,
I inherited the DictionaryBase class in order to make myself a strong
typed colletion, where i can store an object and a string key for it
(like in VB6).

But when I iterate trough the collection with foreach()
the items I receive are not in the same order I've put them in.
eg: I add obj0, obj1 and obj2 in this order and at foreach I get obj1,
obj0, obj2. For a greater number of entries it almost looks random.

What can i do? I need the items in the collection to be accesible by key
and/or index.

10x,
Azmodan

1 Answer

Bryce Marshall

That is because the underlying collection type in the DictionaryBase class
is a Hashtable. The sequence in which objects are stored in the underlying
array is determined by the hash code of the supplied key.
Try deriving your class from the
System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase class.

Regards,

Bryce Marshall