Guy

9/25/2002 10:48:00 PM

Why oh Why am I having so much trouble with MMIT or IIS,
I have developed a simple mobile application with c# .net
and it will only render for my Browser. If i use an
emulater it complains about it being of type text/html;
charset=utf-8. i.e. its not rendering to wml. I Have
added the 5 MIME Types and Made sure the extension
mappings are there i.e. for .aspx
Tried:
re-installing
IISRESET
Diffrent machines (Diffrent problems)
Sample aspx files work in browser not emulater
Even tried the sample TimeForm.aspx

I thought MMIT made it easy to develop for diffrent
mobile devices! caint even render past html

Is there any installation stroke configaration info, that
perhaps i'm missing or has microsoft produced an un
friendly or patchy product i.e for working straight from
the shelf ?

Sorry to sound so negative, but starting to feel like i'm
jinx'ed

Would be very greatfull if any one has any ideas of what
may be going on here.

Cheers Guy
3 Answers

gasha

You have problem with emulator or MMIT?
Did you use mobile for test?

Guy

Looks like it may be the emulator.... Cheers. Doe's any
one no of any good free emulators?

gasha

For a list of emulators, check the following website:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/mitd...

+ yospace (not all skins) + yourwap (not all skins)