Ruwiki - where's the edit link?

Its Me

1/29/2005 4:37:00 PM

I installed Ruwiki (gem) and like the looks of it, but cannot seem to find
any 'edit' link. Help?

6 Answers

James Britt

itsme213 wrote:
> I installed Ruwiki (gem) and like the looks of it, but cannot seem to find
> any 'edit' link. Help?

My copy (which is pretty standard) has the link at the top of the page,
just left of center.

James

Austin Ziegler

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:40:49 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I installed Ruwiki (gem) and like the looks of it, but cannot seem
> to find any 'edit' link. Help?

If you are running "ruwiki_servlet --central", there will be no edit
links at all -- this is deliberately a read-only version.

However, after deploying an instance:

ruwiki install --to <destination>

You do:

cd <destination>
ruwiki_servlet

You'll be running a fully editable version of Ruwiki.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Its Me

"Austin Ziegler" <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:40:49 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I installed Ruwiki (gem) and like the looks of it, but cannot seem
> > to find any 'edit' link. Help?
>
> If you are running "ruwiki_servlet --central", there will be no edit
> links at all -- this is deliberately a read-only version.
>
> However, after deploying an instance:
>
> ruwiki install --to <destination>
>
> You do:
>
> cd <destination>
> ruwiki_servlet
>
> You'll be running a fully editable version of Ruwiki.
>
> -austin

That was it. Thanks!

Can ruwiki projects be nested?

Austin Ziegler

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:59:19 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Austin Ziegler" <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote
> > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:40:49 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I installed Ruwiki (gem) and like the looks of it, but cannot seem
> > > to find any 'edit' link. Help?
> > If you are running "ruwiki_servlet --central", there will be no edit
> > links at all -- this is deliberately a read-only version.
> >
> > However, after deploying an instance:
> > ruwiki install --to <destination>
> > You do:
> > cd <destination>
> > ruwiki_servlet
> > You'll be running a fully editable version of Ruwiki.
> That was it. Thanks!
>
> Can ruwiki projects be nested?

Not at this point. There are some issues (perhaps) with supporting
them, so I haven't really looked at it. To be honest, I have enough
other stuff to look at that it will probably be a post 1.0 feature for
that; I am aiming for a 1.0 release in 3Q2005.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Its Me

> However, after deploying an instance:
>
> ruwiki install --to <destination>
>
> You do:
>
> cd <destination>
> ruwiki_servlet
>
> You'll be running a fully editable version of Ruwiki.

Is this also the way to have multiple separate wikis? Maybe make one wiki
private with htaccess etc?

Thanks.

Austin Ziegler

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:35:47 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> However, after deploying an instance:
>> ruwiki install --to <destination>
>>
>> You do:
>> cd <destination>
>> ruwiki_servlet
>>
>> You'll be running a fully editable version of Ruwiki.
> Is this also the way to have multiple separate wikis? Maybe make
> one wiki private with htaccess etc?

That's one way. Note that if you do that, you probably want to do:

ruwiki install cgi --to <destination>

That way, you'd be using the CGI. If you actually do:

ruwiki install servlet --to <destination>

Then you'll get the servlet wrapper. I've done quite a bit to
abstract that out, though, so I need to make the core functionality
easier to access so that you can set up a multi-wiki WEBrick
instance pretty easily.

The default destination for "ruwiki install", by the by, is the
current directory.

-austin