Monitor the sites one visits.

Trans

1/29/2005 10:14:00 AM

Any ideas on how to capture client-side web site surfing habits?
Ideally I need a farily robust and secure (as in privacy preserving)
solution too.

Thanks,
T.

4 Answers

Dave Burt

"Trans" <transfire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on how to capture client-side web site surfing habits?
> Ideally I need a farily robust and secure (as in privacy preserving)
> solution too.

Most browsers keep a history. What platform are the clients going to be?

Michael Neumann

Trans wrote:
> Any ideas on how to capture client-side web site surfing habits?
> Ideally I need a farily robust and secure (as in privacy preserving)
> solution too.

Not sure what you exactly mean with client-side (should it run on the
client-side?), but I remember Armin Roehrl had done something in this
direction with Smallworld. The idea is basically that you have a HTTP
proxy server (squid, wwwoffle or something alike). The proxy logs all
client-side requests...

Regards,

Michael

Trans

> Most browsers keep a history. What platform are the
> clients going to be?

No telling. I though about using the browser history btu I fear that
can be easily deleted and hacked.

Trans

SmallWorld...
The proxy sounds like a good idea. I'll look into that. Thanks.