Ruby at Redhat ES3

Michal Koudelka

If you want to use ruby at Redhat enterprise server 3, you find out
that ruby is not very popular language in redhat. I found some source
rpm and modified their dependencies (Can anybody explain why ruby
depend on emacs?) so you can download these rpms here

http://mithrandir.198...

4 Answers

Mohammad Khan

Put up the source rpms please.

Mohammad

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 06:17 +0900, Michal Koudelka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you want to use ruby at Redhat enterprise server 3, you find out
> that ruby is not very popular language in redhat. I found some source
> rpm and modified their dependencies (Can anybody explain why ruby
> depend on emacs?) so you can download these rpms here
>
> http://mithrandir.198...

Michal Koudelka

I have rpms at work and I am sick now, but I do it next week.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:25:18 +0900, Mohammad Khan <mkhan@lextranet.com> wrote:
> Put up the source rpms please.
>
> Mohammad
>

> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 06:17 +0900, Michal Koudelka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you want to use ruby at Redhat enterprise server 3, you find out
> > that ruby is not very popular language in redhat. I found some source
> > rpm and modified their dependencies (Can anybody explain why ruby
> > depend on emacs?) so you can download these rpms here
> >
> > http://mithrandir.198...

Austin Ziegler

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:17:52 +0900, Michal Koudelka
<mithrandir2003cz@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to use ruby at Redhat enterprise server 3, you find out
> that ruby is not very popular language in redhat. I found some source
> rpm and modified their dependencies (Can anybody explain why ruby
> depend on emacs?) so you can download these rpms here
>
> http://mithrandir.198...

It shouldn't actually *depend* on emacs, but it does provide some
emacs utility files.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

leon breedt

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:25:18 +0900, Mohammad Khan <mkhan@lextranet.com> wrote:
> Put up the source rpms please.
If you can't wait, this is a snapshot of what I use on RHEL3:

http://xeraph.org/f...

There are also files for the latest version of Rails, FCGI and MySQL bindings.

I didn't split the main Ruby RPM into as many packages as are usual. I
also made some of the other packages depend on the Ruby package there
very explicitly, so they most likely won't build against other Ruby
RPMs or RPMs older than 1.8.2 final without tweaking their spec files.

Please don't hammer too much or I may need to set the tarball
permissions to read-by-none :)

Leon