Oh, The Horror!

Matt Lawrence

Robert Klemme

"Matt Lawrence" <matt@technoronin.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Pine.LNX.4.61.0501261336170.12146@oberon.technoronin.com...
> I'm having to rewrite a bunch of broken Perl code. I would be converting
> it to Ruby, but I haven't been able to get Ruby to work correctly under
> AIX. This is frustrating.

Any specific problems? Maybe here's someone who can help out.

> Also, I find myself thinking in Ruby and translating the code into Perl.

This will likely yield better code than thinking and coding in Perl. :-)

Good luck!

robert

Hugh Sasse

Alexey Verkhovsky

Matt Lawrence wrote:

> but I haven't been able to get Ruby to work correctly under AIX. This
> is frustrating.

I have the same problem with HPUX - I can compile Ruby, but not with
--enable-pthread option, and without that option Ruby is nearly useless,
because it can't access Oracle. :(((

--
Best regards,

Alexey Verkhovsky

Ruby Forum: http://ruby... (moderator)
RForum: http://rforum.and... (co-author)
Instiki: http://i... (maintainer)

tony summerfelt

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:32:08 +0900, you wrote:

>Also, I find myself thinking in Ruby and translating the code into Perl.

i'm still doing it the other way around...as i get more comfortable
with ruby, it's starting to change...

the thing i miss the most with going from perl to ruby is using '$' in
front of all variables...
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ts...
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org