[ANN] RedHanded interviews chromatic (ONLamp site editor

why the lucky stiff

1/26/2005 4:04:00 PM

So, Curt Hibbs' Rails article at ONLamp.com has been a hit. Curious as
to the perspective of ONLamp staff, I staged an interview with its
editor, chromatic.

Anyway, I think you might like it.
<http://redhanded.hobix.com/5.gets/getsWithChromati...

_why

6 Answers

Bil Kleb

why the lucky stiff wrote:

> Anyway, I think you might like it.
> <http://redhanded.hobix.com/5.gets/getsWithChromati...

But it's missing a link to the Curt's ONLamp article?

Slow on the uptake,
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia

Curt Hibbs

Bil Kleb wrote:

> why the lucky stiff wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I think you might like it.
> > <http://redhanded.hobix.com/5.gets/getsWithChromati...
>
> But it's missing a link to the Curt's ONLamp article?

Its there. It's at the very top in the introductory words just before the
interview.

Curt

Zach Dennis

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Bil Kleb wrote:
>
>>why the lucky stiff wrote:
>>
>>>Anyway, I think you might like it.
>>><http://redhanded.hobix.com/5.gets/getsWithChromati...
>>
>>But it's missing a link to the Curt's ONLamp article?
>

> Its there. It's at the very top in the introductory words just before the
> interview.

Curt, did _why charge you for that kind of advertising? =) It was the
first thing I saw...

Zach

Bil Kleb

Curt Hibbs wrote:
>>><http://redhanded.hobix.com/5.gets/getsWithChromati...
>>
>>But it's missing a link to the Curt's ONLamp article?
>
> Its there. It's at the very top in the introductory words just before the
> interview.

Its there now. :) (see comments)

Congratulations,
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
http://fun3d.lar...

Bil Kleb

Zach Dennis wrote:

> Curt, did _why charge you for that kind of advertising? =) It was the
> first thing I saw...

And you owe me a cut for being the fall-guy. ;)

(again, see comments)

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
http://fun3d.lar...

Glenn Vanderburg

Since I'm helping Chad and Rich put together the Ruby track for OSCON,
I can't resist pointing out this bit from the interview:

> ... if there?s a Ruby track at OSCON this year beyond people saying
> ?Hm, I?d like to play with Ruby because I hear it?s interesting!? and
> ?Wow, I?d really like to hear Dave Thomas speak!? to ?Learning Ruby is
> important to my professional future!?, it?ll be easier to cover Ruby
> as Ruby and not Ruby as Enabling Technology.

chromatic's exactly right about that one. And the best way to make
that happen is for the Ruby community to be there with great talks that
demonstrate how special Ruby is.

So please ... submit your talk ideas at
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2005/cre...

Thanks!