[ANN] WWW::Mechanize 0.1.0 available as Gem

Michael Neumann

1/26/2005 4:00:00 PM

The title says it all:

gem install mechanize

Page history can now be limited, for example:

agent.max_history = 10

Regards,

Michael

10 Answers

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> The title says it all:
>
> gem install mechanize
>
> Page history can now be limited, for example:
>
> agent.max_history = 10
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Does it support authentication?

Thanks,
Nick
--
Nicholas Van Weerdenburg

Michael Neumann

Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
>
>>The title says it all:
>>
>> gem install mechanize
>>
>>Page history can now be limited, for example:
>>
>> agent.max_history = 10
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Does it support authentication?

Nope, not yet. I wasn't yet in the need for this.

Regards,

Michael

ruby talk

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> The title says it all:
>
> gem install mechanize

I'm behind a firewall/proxy something or other that does not care much
for remote gem installation. Where can I download the gem file?

Thanks,

James

Michael Neumann

ruby talk wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
>
>>The title says it all:
>>
>> gem install mechanize
>>

> I'm behind a firewall/proxy something or other that does not care much
> for remote gem installation. Where can I download the gem file?

From my wee project page (rubyforge.org/projects/wee). Maybe it would
be nice to have a place where all gems can be uploaded that have not
it's own project on rubyforge?

Regards,

Michael

ruby talk

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:01:48 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> ruby talk wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> >
> >>The title says it all:
> >>
> >> gem install mechanize
> >>

> > I'm behind a firewall/proxy something or other that does not care much
> > for remote gem installation. Where can I download the gem file?
>
> From my wee project page (rubyforge.org/projects/wee). Maybe it would
> be nice to have a place where all gems can be uploaded that have not
> it's own project on rubyforge?

Ah, I see, I searched RF for "Mechanize."

Thanks,

James

> Regards,
>
> Michael

Curt Hibbs

Sorry for the noise on Ruby-Talk...

Michael,

I sent you a private email yesterday based on the email address that shows
up when you post here. If that's an anti-spam email address, then you
probably didn't get it. If you could email me at curt(at)hibbs(dot)com, I'll
reply my original email.

Thanks,
Curt

Michael Neumann wrote:

> ruby talk wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:59:34 +0900, Michael Neumann
> <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> >
> >>The title says it all:
> >>
> >> gem install mechanize
> >>

> > I'm behind a firewall/proxy something or other that does not care much
> > for remote gem installation. Where can I download the gem file?
>
> From my wee project page (rubyforge.org/projects/wee). Maybe it would
> be nice to have a place where all gems can be uploaded that have not
> it's own project on rubyforge?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Curt Hibbs

ruby talk wrote:> Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:05 PM

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:01:48 +0900, Michael Neumann
> <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
> > ruby talk wrote:

> > > I'm behind a firewall/proxy something or other that does not care much
> > > for remote gem installation. Where can I download the gem file?
> >
> > From my wee project page (rubyforge.org/projects/wee). Maybe it would
> > be nice to have a place where all gems can be uploaded that have not
> > it's own project on rubyforge?
>

> Ah, I see, I searched RF for "Mechanize."

How did you do that? If I use RF's search I get back "not found"; if I use
goggle with "site:rubyforge.org" I don't get back anything useful.

Curt

PS
Its kind of annoying that your gmail based posts show up as being from
"ruby talk", I don't suppose there is any way you could change that?

Lyle Johnson

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:01:48 +0900, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:

> From my wee project page (rubyforge.org/projects/wee). Maybe it would
> be nice to have a place where all gems can be uploaded that have not
> it's own project on rubyforge?

There is a link under the "Trackers" section of the RubyGems project
page (http://rubyforge.org/project...) that is captioned
"Submit Gems for projecs not on RubyForge (attach .gem to message)". I
have not actually tried this, but I'm pretty sure that this or some
other means is available to upload gems to RubyForge's Gem server.

Lyle Johnson

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:24:37 +0900, Curt Hibbs <curt@hibbs.com> wrote:

> PS
> Its kind of annoying that your gmail based posts show up as being from
> "ruby talk", I don't suppose there is any way you could change that?

James, if you do want to change that setting, I think you can just
click on the "Settings" link in the upper right-hand corner of the
Gmail interface, then look at the first option on the "General" tab.

Of course, you may just like being a man of mystery. ;)

James Britt

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> ruby talk wrote:> Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:05 PM

>>Ah, I see, I searched RF for "Mechanize."
>

> How did you do that? If I use RF's search I get back "not found"; if I use
> goggle with "site:rubyforge.org" I don't get back anything useful.

What I meant was, I now see why I did not know that RF was hosting
Mechanize; I had to have searched on 'Wee' to find the parent project.

> Curt
>
> PS
> Its kind of annoying that your gmail based posts show up as being from
> "ruby talk", I don't suppose there is any way you could change that?

I think I have (though I'm posting from home right now) so I hope it
will no longer be an issue.

James