Re: RuWiki in a Corporate Environment

> Lähettäjä: James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb@neurogami.com>
> Aihe: Re: RuWiki in a Corporate Environment
>
> Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
> > I'm about to kick off a wiki at work for collaboration.
> >
> > Any tips for using RuWiki in a corporate setting, e.g. logons and/or
> > Ldap connectivity?
>
> Interesting question, though I tend to think wikis work best with no
> log-on at all.

AOL.

> Still, I can imagine that some places might frown on anonymous commenting.

There's no such thing as 'anonymous commenting' :) At the very least
you'll have the time and IP of the commenter.

Corporately speaking, however, it'd probably be a good idea to just
use Windows domain authentication so the user doesn't have to login
separately. One can do this directly with Apache[1]. There's an LDAP
implementation available for Ruby[2], too. If the corp uses more
interesting logons (emp4422344uscaoakl2344, I've seen it), a lookup
database could be set up for a better descriptor (if it's not directly
available, I'm not familiar with the Apache module).

[1] http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/mod_aut... (credit to TSVN)
[2] http://ruby-ldap.source...