Re: TCPSocket.new blocks other threads

> Lähettäjä: "christoph.heindl@gmail.com" <christoph.heindl@gmail.com>
> Aihe: Re: TCPSocket.new blocks other threads
>
> thanks for your reply Ville.
>
> I'm just curious, but have you tried to use an ip address instead of
> "xxx.nonexisting.xxx". E.g 192.168.0.5 (if 192.168.0.5 is not
> reachable).
> I have only windows xp systems around, maybe it turns out to be a
> windows xp problem?

The thing is, it seems to be a problem only on an unreachable local
address. External network addresses are resolved pretty quickly.

As Mr. Hodel pointed out, it may be a resolver issue. One could bind
ioctlsocket() on Windows but I doubt that'd help since the call seems
to block interruptions as well.

As a workaround, I'd suggest not connecting to unreachable local
addresses :) [1]

[1] Ping them first or something.