microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

change language in setup

Marcus

2/18/2010 5:42:00 PM

I want the person who installs my application to see the installation
dialogs in Swedish. As it is now it is in English. The localization
property of the setup project in VS2008 only contains some other
laguages to choose from.

How can I have it in Swedish?

thanks
2 Answers

Wilson, Phil

Are you referring to your setup project's MSI file? If so you'd have to
translate it manually using Orca and the Windows SDK tools.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.85).aspx

I don't know if any other 3rd party MSI tools have Swedish available.
--
Phil Wilson
The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

"Marcus" <marcussilfver@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want the person who installs my application to see the installation
> dialogs in Swedish. As it is now it is in English. The localization
> property of the setup project in VS2008 only contains some other
> laguages to choose from.
>
> How can I have it in Swedish?
>
> thanks

Marcus

On 19 Feb, 01:41, "Wilson, Phil" <ph...@wonderware.nospam.com> wrote:
> Are you referring to your setup project's MSI file? If so you'd have to
> translate it manually using Orca and the Windows SDK tools.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.85).aspx
>
> I don't know if any other 3rd party MSI tools have Swedish available.
> --
> Phil Wilson
> The Definitive Guide to Windows Installerhttp://www.apress.com/book/view/...
>
> "Marcus" <marcussilf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I want the person who installs my application to see the installation
> > dialogs in Swedish. As it is now it is in English. The localization
> > property of the setup project in VS2008 only contains some other
> > laguages to choose from.
>
> > How can I have it in Swedish?
>
> > thanks- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Doing it manually is not a problem to me. I will try with Orca.
Thanks for helping out.