microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

SONY Viao running Vista X64 and PCTV software Framework 2.0

Harold A. Climer

12/12/2009 2:06:00 PM

I have a SONY Viao Laptop running VISTA X64 Home with all the latest
updates installed.
I am trying to run a PCTV 880e tuner and when I try to run the
software for the TV tuner it says I need to install Net.Framework 2.0
I try to install it and I get a message saying it is already part of
the operating system. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on
and how to fix this. The PCTV 880e comes with both 32 bit and 64 bit
dirvers for XP and Vista.
I have tried the FAQ at PCTV and there is no FAQ that addresses this
exact problem, so I thought I would ask here.
Harold A Climer
Dept. Of Physics Geology, and Astronomy
U.T, Chattanooga
Rm. 406A Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building
615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga TN 37403
Harold-Cimer@utc.edu
1 Answer

PvdG42

"Harold A. Climer" <Harold-Climer@utc.edu> wrote in message
> I have a SONY Viao Laptop running VISTA X64 Home with all the latest
> updates installed.
> I am trying to run a PCTV 880e tuner and when I try to run the
> software for the TV tuner it says I need to install Net.Framework 2.0
> I try to install it and I get a message saying it is already part of
> the operating system. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on
> and how to fix this. The PCTV 880e comes with both 32 bit and 64 bit
> dirvers for XP and Vista.
> I have tried the FAQ at PCTV and there is no FAQ that addresses this
> exact problem, so I thought I would ask here.
> Harold A Climer
> Dept. Of Physics Geology, and Astronomy
> U.T, Chattanooga
> Rm. 406A Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building
> 615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga TN 37403
> Harold-Cimer@utc.edu

First, .NET 3.0 installs with Vista. As 3.0 is a dependent ad-on to 2.0,
..NET 2.0 is installed on your system.
Depending on which Vista service pack(s) you have installed, there *may* be
a version recognition issue with the tuner software.

There appear to be forums available here:

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/de...

However, it appears that Pinnacle sold their tuner line to Hauppage Digital,
so you might try their tech support as well.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/...

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/su...