microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.Net 3.5 Install thinks it's .Net 3.5 SP1...and fails!

Scott Kindorf \(KCG\)

12/9/2009 8:32:00 AM

Ok - follow me on this one....

I had problems getting the latests bits for Microsoft Games for Windows Live
installed. It was apparently failing due to some problems with .Net 3.5 SP1
install failing.

So, I was pointed to a wonderful little tool from Microsoft that will go in
and remove every single bit and byte of .Net and take you back to square
one - for Vista, you need to go into Control Panel > Programs and Features
and select the "Turn Windows features on or off" and checkmark the .Net 3.0
boxes.

Now, here's the problem: Whenever I start to install the .Net 3.5
Redistributible bits, It's thinking that it's 3.5 SP1...and fails because it
thinks that it should be looking for 3.5!!!

What I think what happened is that in some temp folder on my system the 3.5
SP1 bits are being called instead of the 3.5 bits - does anyone have a
handle on where those files or folders might be residing?

Here's the error log for the .Net install:

[12/09/09,00:09:16] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package': [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 'package'.
MSI returned error code 1603
[12/09/09,00:09:29] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
3.5 'package' is not installed.

Anyone??

Thanks!

ScottK

14 Answers

Falstaff

On Jun 6, 1:47 am, "f. barnes" <fre...@centurytel.net> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 4:40 pm, Falstaff <jaxfalst...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 5, 1:20 pm, "f. barnes" <fre...@centurytel.net> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.americanrevolution.org/r...
>
> > > In Paul Revere's own words:
>
> > > "He said they should not, they were only waiting for some deserters
> > > they expected down the road. I told him I knew better, I knew what
> > > they were after; that I had alarmed the country all the way up, that
> > > their boats were caught aground, and I should have 500 men there
> > > soon."
>
> > Unlike Palins claim Revere rang no bells nor fired any warning shots.
>
> Warning shots were fired.

Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.

Bert

On 6/6/2011 8:47 AM, Falstaff wrote:
> On Jun 6, 1:47 am, "f. barnes"<fre...@centurytel.net> wrote:

>>> Unlike Palins claim Revere rang no bells nor fired any warning shots.
>>
>> Warning shots were fired.
>
> Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.

were you there? so you don't know.

Falstaff

On Jun 6, 5:55 am, Bert <b...@rt.invalid> wrote:
> On 6/6/2011 8:47 AM, Falstaff wrote:

> >> Warning shots were fired.
>
> > Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.
>
> were you there?  so you don't know.

Was she correct? Post your proof.

Sid9

"Bert" <b@rt.invalid> wrote in message
> On 6/6/2011 8:47 AM, Falstaff wrote:

>>> Warning shots were fired.
>>
>> Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.
>>

> were you there? so you don't know.

There are smart Republican women.
This one is not qualified to be president of an elementary school PTA.

Bert

On 6/6/2011 9:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:
> "Bert"<b@rt.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.
>>>

>> were you there? so you don't know.
>
> There are smart Republican women.
> This one is not qualified to be president of an elementary school PTA.

she is smarter than Odumbo. bet she knows what date it is.

Bert

On 6/6/2011 9:16 AM, Falstaff wrote:
> On Jun 6, 5:55 am, Bert<b...@rt.invalid> wrote:

>>> Not by Revere. That was her claim and she is wrong.
>>
>> were you there? so you don't know.
>
> Was she correct? Post your proof.

you said she was wrong.
you are always wrong.
ergo
Palin is right.

Bert

On 6/6/2011 11:18 AM, Bert wrote:
> On 6/6/2011 9:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:
>> "Bert"<b@rt.invalid> wrote in message

>>> were you there? so you don't know.
>>
>> There are smart Republican women.
>> This one is not qualified to be president of an elementary school PTA.
>
> she is smarter than Odumbo. bet she knows what date it is.

bwahahahahahahqahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franklin Hummel

"Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said,
Basically
when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, Look,
there is a mobilization going on that you ll be confronting, and the
British are aware as they re marching down the countryside, they hear
church bells ringing she was right about that and warning shots
being fired. That's accurate."

I live in Boston.

Palin is completely wrong. Just as you are *also* completely wrong,
Barnes.

Professor McConville is NOT saying the facts are as Sarah Palin
*believes* they are. She is *claiming* that part of the purpose of
Revere's famous ride *was* to warn the British. That is a LIE.

Paul Revere did not *purposely* go to the British to warn *them*.
That would have beeen idiotic! He was *captured** my then! He may
have informed him of the mobilization (which would have been a stupid
thing to do, to tell them what the colonists were ready for them), but
he sure as fucked did NOT go out on his ride "to warn the British" of
anything!

Palin fucked up the whole, real, historical facts of Revere's ride
with here stupid *beliefs*. Palin was wrong the first time, and she
was wrong the second time when she insisted she was right the first
time.

Palin is an idiot and the perfect example of a tea-bagger. When she
makes a stupid claim, and she is corrected with the facts, she still
continues to make the same stupid claim.

Truth does not matter to tea-baggers like you Barnes. Only your own
K00Ky ideology - no matter how out of touch with Reality it is.

f. barnes

On Jun 6, 11:46 am, Franklin Hummel <franklin.hum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said,
> Basically
> when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, Look,
> there is a mobilization going on that you ll be confronting, and the
> British are aware as they re marching down the countryside, they hear
> church bells ringing she was right about that and warning shots
> being fired. That's accurate."
>
> I live in Boston.
>
> Palin is completely wrong.  Just as you are *also* completely wrong,
> Barnes.
>
> Professor McConville is NOT saying the facts are as Sarah Palin
> *believes* they are.  She is *claiming* that part of the purpose of
> Revere's famous ride *was* to warn the British.  That is a LIE.
>
> Paul Revere did not *purposely* go to the British to warn *them*.
> That would have beeen idiotic! He was *captured** my then!  He may
> have informed him of the mobilization (which would have been a stupid
> thing to do, to tell them what the colonists were ready for them), but
> he sure as fucked did NOT go out on his ride "to warn the British" of
> anything!
>
> Palin fucked up the whole, real, historical facts of Revere's ride
> with here stupid *beliefs*.  Palin was wrong the first time, and she
> was wrong the second time when she insisted she was right the first
> time.
>
> Palin is an idiot and the perfect example of a tea-bagger.  When she
> makes a stupid claim, and she is corrected with the facts, she still
> continues to make the same stupid claim.
>
> Truth does not matter to tea-baggers like you Barnes.  Only your own
> K00Ky ideology - no matter how out of touch with Reality it is.

Neverheless, he did warn the British.

By the way, what color horse was he riding?

Fwanklin Hummel - 18 Linwood St, Unit 3, Boston, MA 02119 (617) 541-3834

The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallof... asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

Nappy Tom likes to force newsgroup replies to bogus newsgroups, a
silly trick that was popular more than a decade ago and is today only
practiced by children, retards and the most desperate. Here's how you
report Nappy Tom to Google:

Message reported to Google...

To REPORT this post to Google click here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics/msg/b14994dd4869...

Then click "More options"

Then click "Report this message"

Then select "Other"

In description type:

Please ask this offensive user to STOP FORCING all replies to
"alt.stupidity"

Please ask this offensive user to STOP USING "Followup-To:
alt.stupidity"

Then click "Report Abuse"

All done!

Posted from: