microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

When does the default password policy take effect

Eddie

11/11/2009 7:10:00 PM

Hello all, I just configured a default password policy on my 2003 domain as
follows:
password history 3
max password age 365
Min password age 1
length 6
Complexity enabled

how does this take effect? some users are being prompted to change their
passwords but not others. also I had set one of my OU's to Block policy
inheritance but those users were also effected.

Any information will be appreciated,

Eddie
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You should probably be asking in a Windows Server forum/group, not a .NET
framwork setup group.

IIRC, this might be because credentials are cached locally so that if the
domain is unreachable you can still log on. This might make some changes
indeterminate.
--
Phil Wilson