microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Selective install of a project

John

6/18/2009 8:19:00 PM

Hi

I have a solution with a vb.net winform project and an outlook add-in
project. I have added a setup project to the solution. Is it possible that
the setup package can give user option to not install outlook add-in in case
target pc does not have outlook installed or the user does not need outlook
add-in?

Many Thanks

Regards

1 Answer

Jamal

Of course it is possible

1) go to User Interface window in your setup project
2) select "Startup" node in dialog tree withing the "User Interface form"
and right click on mouse
3) in the popup menu choose "Add dialog"
4) then you will see dialog to select templates.
5) choose one template as you need (for instantance you need 4 choices then
choose "RadioButtons4")
6) go to Property window
6) give names to Button1Label = "Install game"
Button2Label = "Install Port Monitor"
Button3Label ="Install Outlook"
Button3Label ="Install update"
7) give a name to ButtonProperty (for instance "BUTTON3"
This gives possibility to your customer make a choice during installation
Suppose you have added Outlook.msm to your setup project to install Outlook.

in the solution explorer select Outlook.msm, then in the Property window
change "Condition" property to BUTTON3=3
(Here will be following: if your customer chooses option "Install Outlook"
then the property BUTTON3 will have value 3. According to "condition"
property Outlook.msm will be installed.
That is it.
Regards, Jamal