microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 on Windows Vista Ultimate

DJ

3/10/2009 1:56:00 PM

I am unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows Vista Ultimate. I
have tried installing it using Windows Update as well as installing it
manually using the full installation package. Setup fails. Log file
indicates that .NET Framework 3.0SP1 is not installed. When I attempt to
install 3.0SP1, it says that it is not compatible with Windows Vista.

[03/09/09,09:26:11] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS). MSI
returned error code 14101
[03/09/09,09:27:12] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
3.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.

-DJ
2 Answers

Smurfman-MSDN

There is a cumulative download - full package that have everything you need.
This is where I got mine.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&disp...

Download the full package.

Uninstall Framework 3.5, 3.0, 2.0 if present ( I don't think 2.0 comes with
vista by default).

If I recall right, the 3.5 SP1 will install everything.

There are also 3 patches I think the page says to download.

"DJ" wrote:

> I am unable to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows Vista Ultimate. I
> have tried installing it using Windows Update as well as installing it
> manually using the full installation package. Setup fails. Log file
> indicates that .NET Framework 3.0SP1 is not installed. When I attempt to
> install 3.0SP1, it says that it is not compatible with Windows Vista.
>
> [03/09/09,09:26:11] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS): [2] Error:
> Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS). MSI
> returned error code 14101
> [03/09/09,09:27:12] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
> 3.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.

> -DJ

Mau

I tried to do what you say and still gives me the same error as a "DJ".
Some different solution?

Thank you.

Mau.