microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Unable to uninstall .net 2.0

OxygeN

2/16/2009 10:03:00 AM

Hello all.

On a Windows XP Pro SP3 PC I'd like to reinstall .net 2.0, but I can't
uninstall it because I get the warning that other programs use it. How
do I have to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You could describe the problem that you believe reinstalling is going to
fix. If the install really is broken, go to Add/Remove Programs, select the
framework, Support Information, and do a Repair.

However if you intend to uninstall it and then immediately reinstall, and
nothing critical to you is going to run in that gap then you should not see
any problems.

--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer