microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.Net 3.5 SP1 incompatibility with Framework 2.0

Caracal

2/11/2009 6:02:00 AM

Greetings,

When .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed applications which require Framework
2.0 are not working

When I start them they just silently exiting (e.g.: CDBurnerXP, Hazard
Shield, ArtStudio, etc.; I can name many more and give sites)

That behaviour was noticed after installation of Visual Studio Express 2008.

Since then I tried Uninstall 3.5 and then install it without SP1. That
worked. I was able to run all framework 2 applications. Sure I cannot do
anything with Studio without 3.5 SP1.

When MS update came recently there was an update for 3.5 SP1. I accepted it
in order to check whether the changes would help. No, that didn't work out.

So, 3.5.SP1 was uninstalled again.

The uninstall/install does not cause any problems meaning there are no
Errors as other users sometimes reporting

I have Framework 2.0 SP2 and Framework 3.0 SP2 on this computer.

What can be done in order to fix that 3.5 SP1 incompatibility with 2.0 SP2?

Thanks in advance