microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.NET dotnet framework 3.0 installer fails in quiet mode

WB

2/4/2009 1:47:00 AM

I need to install .NET FW 3.0 in quiet mode on Windows XP systems. In a batch
file I run "start /wait cmd.exe /c dotnetfx3setup.exe /q /norestart".

The installer takes about 10 minutes doing something, and I can see msi
processes running in task manager. However after my batch file reboots the
system, .NET FW 3.0 is not listed in Add/Remove Programs.

If I run the installer manually, then it shows up in Add/Remove Programs.
--
Bill Baker