microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

executable program doesn't work on some computers.

Mr. X.

1/19/2009 11:24:00 AM

Hello.
I have an exe-application that was converted from vb6 to vs 2005.

On my computer it works fine, but I have the VS 2005 installed.
On other computer, there is no VS 2005, and program doesn't work.
(It just stop working - not a specific exception - I have the dialog-box,
that I should send information to Microsoft)
The exception occurs just when calling to a dummy function (even it doesn't
reach the first line of the function)

The configuration on other computer is :
..NET framework V 1.0.3705
HotFixes - KB928367 & KB947739
Frame work 2 service pack 1.

Is the configuration leak of some problem ?

Thanks :)

2 Answers

Mr. X.

What I have found is that :
==================
Not all the modules are problematic.

So I have seperated the problem,
and found a the code :
OraCon as new adodb.connection
when I did :
OraCon as adodb.connection, program works,
but reference to OraCon just make an exception.

i.e
in function :
oraCon.ConnectionStr = ...
just make an exception, when I call that function,
and even I don't reach the code : oraCon.ConnectionStr = ..., the program
throws an exceptions.

Reference at my computer (which dosn't hang) is :
c:\windows\assembly\ ...

and there there is "ADODB"

In the computer, which hang there is the folder :
c:\windows\assembly\ ...
but no "ADODB".

So, I think that it is contributed to some installation issue.

Can I manually install the features, which are necessary
(It a small program, that was VB.6, and now dotnet).
or should I upgrade the whole framework ?

Thanks :)

Mr. X.

I have found the whole assembly files,
and just copy + paste them.
That's solve the problem !

Most of the my applications files are on the same folders,
so I no need of common dll.
interop.scripting.dll is automatically created.
What is that dll, and can I avoid this dll (not creating it automatically) ?

Thanks :)