Muddle

12/14/2008 10:34:00 PM

I need to free up some hard disk space and am wondering what if any versions
I can uninstall.
I currently have versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.0 service pack 1 installed.
I'm not a programmer and to my knowledge never use these programs, can I
safely uninstall some or all of them.
They take up a large amount of disk space and everything else on the drive I
use quite often.
Thanks

1 Answer

Muddle

Never mind. I uninstalled all of them and found 6 little .msi programs that
depended on mscoree.dll, which I found tucked away elsewhere on the drive,
then I dropped it into the system32 folder. All that hard drive space for
one little dll. Problem solved.