microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

"Visual Web Developer" questions

Kelvin

7/18/2008 2:29:00 PM

I've installed Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and have
a couple questions.
At the time I did the install, I had my My Documents folder mapped to a
network drive.
I have since mapped it back to my local drive, how can I get VWD to
recognize the new path?
I have also installed DotNetNuke and when I go to setup the database it
comes back with an error that indicates that it can't create the DB on a
mapped drive...
If it's just the DotNetNuke project that is recognizing the network path to
my My documents, how do I delete a project?

I ended up creating more than one DotNetNuke project so would like to delete
the extra one.
I can't see any way to delete a project...

Any help would be appreciated!!!

If this isn't the place to post these questions, please advise on the
appropriate group.
I've running this on an XP Pro machine if it matters.

Thanks!

Kelvin

2 Answers

PvdG42

"Kelvin" <someone@domain.com> wrote in message
> I've installed Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and
> have a couple questions.
> At the time I did the install, I had my My Documents folder mapped to a
> network drive.
> I have since mapped it back to my local drive, how can I get VWD to
> recognize the new path?
> I have also installed DotNetNuke and when I go to setup the database it
> comes back with an error that indicates that it can't create the DB on a
> mapped drive...
> If it's just the DotNetNuke project that is recognizing the network path
> to my My documents, how do I delete a project?
>
> I ended up creating more than one DotNetNuke project so would like to
> delete the extra one.
> I can't see any way to delete a project...
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!!
>
> If this isn't the place to post these questions, please advise on the
> appropriate group.
> I've running this on an XP Pro machine if it matters.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kelvin

Perhaps the simplest way to solve your issues would be to uninstall, then
reinstall VWD.
As far as deleting projects is concerned, find the folder using Windows
Explorer and delete it.

Kelvin

Thanks, I'll do that...