microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

New Dotnet framework 2.0 SP1 installation will not initialize the

cycloptic

7/3/2008 9:26:00 PM

Hello all,

On one client machine, when I install the dotnet framework (2.0 SP1,
downloaded from MSDN), even though the installer indicates a successful
installation, when I look at the GAC via explorer, it always indicates that
there are 0 assemblies.

As a result, any dotnet applications we try to deploy on this machine
results in a publisher policy file not found which ultimately ends up with
FileNotFoundException on System.dll.

The only workaround seems to be putting these executables in the
Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727 folder where the framework was installed,
which is not an acceptable solution.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the framework does not help. This was tried
numerous times to no avail.

On most other machines, the very same framework installer properly populates
the GAC as expected and the dotnet applications deployed on them will run
from their normal deployment folders.

What could be preventing the GAC from being populated? Is there something
else I can do to rebuild the GAC?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

cycloptic

3 Answers

Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein

Ray Fischer <rfischer@sonic.net> wrote:
> Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein <yitzhak@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>Ray Fischer <rfischer@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> That should have been "nazi assholes" as you prefer.
>>
>>Lack of content noted.
>
> 99.93% on the irony meter.

You really are so weak. And the best bit is - you know it.

Y.
--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
'The nation is not an entity, it's divided into economic classes,

grey_ghost471-newsgroups

rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4debd2e8$0$2145
$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net:

> Gray Ghost <grey_ghost471-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein <yitzhak@yahoo.fr> wrote in news:0obsb8-0m5.ln1

>>> Lack of content noted.
>>>
>>Ray has volunteered to test wood chippers.
>
> You nazis just love the idea of murdering people.

Just you, Ray. Just you.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be

?Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

SaPeIsMa

"Gray Ghost" <grey_ghost471-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4debd2e8$0$2145
> $742ec2ed@news.sonic.net:
>
>> Gray Ghost <grey_ghost471-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein <yitzhak@yahoo.fr> wrote in news:0obsb8-0m5.ln1

>>>Ray has volunteered to test wood chippers.
>>
>> You nazis just love the idea of murdering people.
>>

> Just you, Ray. Just you.

Since when is killing cockroaches "murder" ?