microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Expand C drive to cover unallocated hard disk space

Choong Mun

6/26/2008 7:15:00 AM

I had partition my 40 Gigabyte hard disk into 3 partitions. One 20 Gigabyte
and two 10 Gigabyte partitions. When installing Windows XP into the 20
Gigabyte partition,I was prompted to format. I click Ok. After installing
XP,I find that it is residing in C drive with a capacity of 7.11 gigabyte.
There is a 12.42 Gigabyte hard disk space which is unallocated. How can I
expand C drive to take up this unallocated space?
Except for the unallocated hard disk space which is unformatted,the
remaining hard disk space in the various partitions had been formatted in the
NTFS format.