microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Missing "Reference Assemblies" Folder

Camel

I'm referencing "system.data.datasetextensions.dll" in my application.
However, this assembly doesn't exist on the on the target PC. The
following exception occurs:

"Could not load file assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions,
Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or
one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

On the development PC, this file exists under c:\Program Files
\Referenced Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework
\v3.5\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll". As far as I can tell, this
file is installed as part of Visual Studio Express 2008. Am I right in
assuming that this file exists in the GAC on a non-development PC?

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to figure out whether this is an
installation issue for .NET 3.5 on the target PC? Maybe it's a
registry configuration issue? Any takers?

Thanks,

Camel