microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Deployment of application requiring VC++ 2008 runtime libraries

docholiday

5/6/2008 8:47:00 AM

I am currently in the process of creating a setup for an application,
that requires the VC++ 2008 runtime libraries to be installed. The
setup is created using a Visual Studio 2008 Setup Project. There I can
add the runtime libraries as necessary components.

As I am using a german version of the studio, this works fine for
german operating systems, but during the setup on an english operating
system, an error message is shown stating that
"inst.res.????.dll" (literally) could not be found. I assume this is
due to the missing english language strings?

What can I do to solve this problem, do I need to create different
setup packages for each and every language I want to support?

Thank you for any help,
sincerly,

Michael Donn