microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Strange Installaton Error

Skynet

4/12/2008 8:17:00 PM

I've just installed Windows XP Professional SP2, and all the the patches by
windows update.
When i tried to install .net framework 3.5, or repair it, i got this strange
error, which i never seen before:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8880/71504...

Any solution?
I've installed old microsoft java virtual machine. Could be it the problem?
Anyway everytime i reinstall windows, JVM is one of the first things i go to
install, but never got that error with .net framework.

Bye,
Thanks

1 Answer

Skynet

"Skynet" <skynet@nospam.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I've just installed Windows XP Professional SP2, and all the the patches
> by windows update.
> When i tried to install .net framework 3.5, or repair it, i got this
> strange error, which i never seen before:
>
> http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8880/71504...
>
> Any solution?
> I've installed old microsoft java virtual machine. Could be it the
> problem? Anyway everytime i reinstall windows, JVM is one of the first
> things i go to install, but never got that error with .net framework.
>
> Bye,
> Thanks

Solved.
It was a really stupid issue.
Problem was that i turned off print spooler service, and setted to manual.
In this way framework setup tried to use some component releated with that
service but was unsable to find them since it was stopped.
Microsoft probably didn't implement the check of that service, so the error
occurred.

Bye