microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Questions about .NET 2, 3, and 3.5 setup

adykes

4/1/2008 6:21:00 PM

My system is XPSP1, recently updated by Microsoft. It's an older
laptop and I'm running out of disk space.

I only installed my first ".NET' app recently, that I know of, and the
app setup pointed me to URLS to get it from. I dodn't pay attion to
sizes.

Now I find I have the following on my system. I know that version x+1
doesn't replace version x.
.NET 2.0 SP1 at 165MB
.NET 3.0 SP1 at 245MB
.NET 3.5 at 25MB

Questions:

- Do these file sizes indicate that I have a SDK kit where all I need
is a RTK and how much space would I save by just installing the RTK?

- How can I tell which apps on my machine are calling which versions
of .NET?

- I've uninstalled the only software I know of that requires .NET and
it still won't let me uninstall it. Googling for "uninstall .NET"
comes up with all sorts of pages for irrelevant cases such as beta
version, etc. It there a page about uninstall that applies to me?

- What are URLS for find each version as a RTK?

Thanks

--
Al Dykes