microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Directory shortcut in Visual Studio 2005 setup project

BBD

2/28/2008 1:14:00 PM

Hi all,

In File System window of setup project I can create shortcuts to files with
a right-click menu command "Create New Shortcut". I need to create a
directory (not file) shortcut in a "User's Programs Menu" directory, so that
after application is installed and "Start / Programs / ... / Shortcut to my
data" is selected by the user, new Windows Explorer window is opened to show
my application data directory. Does anybody know how I can configure my
application setup project to achieve that?

Thanks,
BBD