microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Setup and deployment project

fniles

1/17/2008 10:42:00 PM

I am not sure if I post this issue at the correct newgroup. If I need to
post it somewhere else, please let me know what is the correct newsgroup for
this.

I am using VB.NET 2005 and I create a "setup and deployment" project.
When I use this installation to install on a user's machine, how can I merge
some registry settings into the user's machine ?

Thank you

3 Answers

(Herfried K. Wagner [MVP])

"fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> schrieb:
>I am not sure if I post this issue at the correct newgroup. If I need to
>post it somewhere else, please let me know what is the correct newsgroup
>for this.
>
> I am using VB.NET 2005 and I create a "setup and deployment" project.
> When I use this installation to install on a user's machine, how can I
> merge some registry settings into the user's machine ?

The solution explorer, select the "Registry editor" button on the top
toolbar (it's a little button showing some blocks in cyan). Then you can
add the registry settings in the "Registry (<name of setup project>)" tab.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvp...

fniles

Great ! Thank you.
Is there any way that I can import/copy the registry settings from my
machine to the setup and deployment ? (instead of creating them one by one
in the setup and deployment )

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@gmx.at> wrote in message
> "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> schrieb:
>>I am not sure if I post this issue at the correct newgroup. If I need to
>>post it somewhere else, please let me know what is the correct newsgroup
>>for this.
>>
>> I am using VB.NET 2005 and I create a "setup and deployment" project.
>> When I use this installation to install on a user's machine, how can I
>> merge some registry settings into the user's machine ?
>

> The solution explorer, select the "Registry editor" button on the top
> toolbar (it's a little button showing some blocks in cyan). Then you can
> add the registry settings in the "Registry (<name of setup project>)" tab.
>
> --
> M S Herfried K. Wagner
> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvp...
> V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet...

Phil Wilson

There's an option in that Registry IDE view to import a .reg file. Do Import
on the Registry on Target Machine.
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]