microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Downgrade from .Net 2.0 with sp1 to .Net 2.0 without sp1

incrediblesuperdude

1/7/2008 9:51:00 AM

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with a bug in the sp1 of .Net 2.0 which is reported
on this page:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFee......

Because of this a program I am using is not functioning well because
of it:
mscorlib.dll 2.0.50727.832 on the system without the service pack is
working correctly.
mscorlib.dll 2.0.50727.1433 on the system with service pack 1 is not
working correctly.

I now would like to downgrade my version of .Net 2.0 to the 832 dll,
but how do i do this?
I have already tried the following:
1. Uninstall .Net framework 2.0 sp1 from my machine to install .Net
2.0 without sp1 failed, because i could not uninstall .net 2.0 sp1
because of dependencies
2. I tried overcopying mscorlib.dll in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET
\Framework\v2.0.50727 with the previous version, which I copied from
another pc. The mscorlib.dll was actually not replaced, I got the
same
problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Kind regards,
Gerben