microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Conditional installation of DSO

Andrew Wiles

12/13/2007 8:46:00 AM

We have built an Olap application that requires Decision Support Objects
(DSO) to be installed in order to work with SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services.

By default the deployment solution copies the DSO dlls to the application
install folder and registers them. We need however to be able to check
whether DSO is already installed as part of the SQL Server Analysis Services
client tools so that we can avoid changing the dll registerations. In the
current situation everything will appear to work fine when DSO was already
installed but if our application is uninstalled the Analysis Services
installation will be left broken due to DSO having been unregistered.

Is there any way to make installation conditional?