microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Copy files that are not included in MSI

bram

12/6/2007 10:34:00 AM

Hi all.
I have an MSI question. My project (sort of an audio player) contains
a nice working MSI setup file. However I want to add songs to this
setup, that are not included in the MSI.
So my scenario is:
one setup.msi
one folder with songs (that could change over time)

After the setup is finished I want the MSI file to copy all files in
the songs folder (included on my setup cd), to the target pc (just a
fixed location).

Is this possible in VS2005? If so any suggestions?

thanx!
cheers, bram
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You'd need an install custom action that does a copy of all the files in
that folder to some destination folder. The MSI folder properties that might
be useful (case-sensitive) are TARGETDIR for the application and SourceDir
for the location of the MSI file.
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]