microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

No prompt for username and password in service installer when ServiceProcessInstaller.Account set to User

jim.craig43

11/20/2007 9:13:00 PM

When the serviceProcessInstaller.Account property is set to User, the
installer should prompt for a username and password. This never
happened , instead I got an error telling me that the specified
account doesn't exist. The reason for this is that in the installer's
UI I am collecting a username and password for an sql connection. I
defined 2 customactiondata keys called username and password and it is
these that seem to have caused the conflict - the
serviceprocessinstaller is picking up these values as the user
credentials for running the service and of course, there is no domain
account matching these credentials. The solution is to change the
customactiondata keys to something other than username and password
8 Answers

harry

On Jun 5, 8:22 am, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 8:11 am, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 4, 12:37 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:
>
> > > Please.
>
> > > And take the Irish and Scots with you!
>
> > The Yanks are OK. Most of them.
> > Stupid, uneducated and ignorant. But kind and generous too.
>
> I don't agree.
>
> Like a bad smell, they can go but you need ventilation.

Well everybody was very kind to me on my visit to the midWest.

Logician

On Jun 5, 5:32 pm, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 8:22 am, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:

> > > The Yanks are OK. Most of them.
> > > Stupid, uneducated and ignorant. But kind and generous too.
>
> > I don't agree.
>
> > Like a bad smell, they can go but you need ventilation.
>
> Well everybody was very kind to me on my visit to the midWest.

Good, I hope you made a lot of dollars to bring back!

harry

On Jun 5, 6:19 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 5:32 pm, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > I don't agree.
>
> > > Like a bad smell, they can go but you need ventilation.
>
> > Well everybody was very kind to me on my visit to the midWest.
>
> Good, I hope you made a lot of dollars to bring back!- Hide quoted text -

I was on holiday.Not there to make money.

Logician

On Jun 6, 6:06 am, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 6:19 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:

> > > Well everybody was very kind to me on my visit to the midWest.
>
> > Good, I hope you made a lot of dollars to bring back!- Hide quoted text -

> I was on holiday.Not there to make money.- Hide quoted text -

So they smiled as you handed them money?

Try taking their money and see the difference.

harry

On Jun 6, 1:09 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 6:06 am, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Good, I hope you made a lot of dollars to bring back!- Hide quoted text -

> > I was on holiday.Not there to make money.- Hide quoted text -

> So they smiled as you handed them money?
>
> Try taking their money and see the difference.- Hide quoted text -

No, I lived in someone's home. There are few English tourists in the
Midwest. It was almost like being a celebrity. They were without
exception good folk.
Mind you,they all kept machine guns in their basements. :-)
It's very boring for them. There is nothing to do. The men drink beer
and the women shop. So I was quite an exciting diversion for them.
I went to a veterans hospital and pushed wheel chairs round for a
couple of hours. They thought I was a hero!

Logician

On Jun 6, 4:52 pm, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 1:09 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:

> > > I was on holiday.Not there to make money.- Hide quoted text -

> > So they smiled as you handed them money?
>
> > Try taking their money and see the difference.- Hide quoted text -

> No, I lived in someone's home. There are few English tourists in the
> Midwest.  It was almost like being a celebrity. They were without
> exception good folk.
> Mind you,they all kept machine guns in their basements.  :-)
> It's very boring for them. There is nothing to do. The men drink beer
> and the women shop.  So I was quite an exciting diversion for them.
> I went to a veterans hospital and pushed wheel chairs round for a
> couple of hours. They thought I was a hero!- Hide quoted text -

Glad you liked it.

I think if you actually worked there and was in a competitive
environment you would comments like: "Just go back to England" "We
need a translator" "You're taking out money" "You're taking our women"

harry

On Jun 6, 6:07 pm, Logician <sa...@logicians.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 4:52 pm, harry <haroldhr...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > So they smiled as you handed them money?
>
> > > Try taking their money and see the difference.- Hide quoted text -

> > No, I lived in someone's home. There are few English tourists in the
> > Midwest.  It was almost like being a celebrity. They were without
> > exception good folk.
> > Mind you,they all kept machine guns in their basements.  :-)
> > It's very boring for them. There is nothing to do. The men drink beer
> > and the women shop.  So I was quite an exciting diversion for them.
> > I went to a veterans hospital and pushed wheel chairs round for a
> > couple of hours. They thought I was a hero!- Hide quoted text -

> Glad you liked it.
>
> I think if you actually worked there and was in a competitive
> environment you would comments like: "Just go back to England" "We
> need a translator" "You're taking out money" "You're taking our women"- Hide quoted text -

Well possibly. I have never worked there. Most of the women were dead
ugly. Fat. So I disagree on that bit.
They are so untravelled they are not well able to follow English
dilaects,that is true.

harry

On Jun 7, 7:50 pm, Mike P <b...@blah.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:33:00 -0700, harry wrote:
> >They are so untravelled they are
> > not well able to follow English dilaects,that is true.
>
> Just like London then. I've given up trying to make myself understood in
> restaurants and shops there. I just get my missus, complete with her
> Colombian accent to order everything.
>
> In Alabama, they had no trouble at all understanding me, odd as it sounds.
> Maybe my Northern tones sound a bit like a Southern drawl, who knows..
>
> --
> Mike P

You still get Indians born here who talk with an Indian accent I
notice.