microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Enfin une salle de réception spacieuse

satfever

johannes

Logician wrote:

> On Jun 5, 8:04 am, johannes <j...@siz726656939455efitter.com> wrote:
> > Logician wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1394402/Britai......
> >
> > > The UK King of judging tried to get a twitter user jailed.
> >
> > > Who needs free speech?
> >
> > I found it sad that a singer won. There are other competitions for
> > singers. The piano player had the most talent IMO and should have won.
>
> Also the shows and performers are all so technical now. The days of
> Susan Boyle are long gone.
>
> As for the show being fixed .... ask yourself who checks the phone
> results.
>
> With millions involved in this show who wouldn't fix it? Indeed the
> actual article about the hoax is stated to be a fix by the show
> itself; ironically making the show's producers liable to serious
> criminal charges (and Cowell).

Yeah, the little boy would be an obvious moneyspinner for Cowel's
empire. You could see the ??? ($$$) rolling in his eyes. Though
the boy's young age would make it slightly uncomfortable, given
the kind of material he has to pour out.

The show has too much padding around it; one or two performances
followed by long commercial breaks. It makes it really boring. We
just want to see the acts. But they milk it for all it's worth.

Ret.

johannes wrote:
> Logician wrote:

>>> I found it sad that a singer won. There are other competitions for
>>> singers. The piano player had the most talent IMO and should have
>>> won.
>>
>> Also the shows and performers are all so technical now. The days of
>> Susan Boyle are long gone.
>>
>> As for the show being fixed .... ask yourself who checks the phone
>> results.
>>
>> With millions involved in this show who wouldn't fix it? Indeed the
>> actual article about the hoax is stated to be a fix by the show
>> itself; ironically making the show's producers liable to serious
>> criminal charges (and Cowell).
>
> Yeah, the little boy would be an obvious moneyspinner for Cowel's
> empire. You could see the ??? ($$$) rolling in his eyes. Though
> the boy's young age would make it slightly uncomfortable, given
> the kind of material he has to pour out.
>
> The show has too much padding around it; one or two performances
> followed by long commercial breaks. It makes it really boring. We
> just want to see the acts. But they milk it for all it's worth.

I don't watch BGT - but I do watch a number of American shows on Universal
and Sky Atlantic that are similarly loaded with frequent lengthy ad breaks.
I don't watch any of them 'live' - just record them on the Sky box - and
then whizz through the ad breaks when I do watch them. I watched a couple of
recordings of 'The Defenders' last night. It's on Universal and they have
lengthy ad breaks every ten minutes or so. It's frustrating even when you
can fast forward through them. It would drive me potty if I had to sit
through those breaks at normal speed.

--
Kev

johannes

"Ret." wrote:

> johannes wrote:
> > Logician wrote:

> >> Also the shows and performers are all so technical now. The days of
> >> Susan Boyle are long gone.
> >>
> >> As for the show being fixed .... ask yourself who checks the phone
> >> results.
> >>
> >> With millions involved in this show who wouldn't fix it? Indeed the
> >> actual article about the hoax is stated to be a fix by the show
> >> itself; ironically making the show's producers liable to serious
> >> criminal charges (and Cowell).
> >
> > Yeah, the little boy would be an obvious moneyspinner for Cowel's
> > empire. You could see the ??? ($$$) rolling in his eyes. Though
> > the boy's young age would make it slightly uncomfortable, given
> > the kind of material he has to pour out.
> >
> > The show has too much padding around it; one or two performances
> > followed by long commercial breaks. It makes it really boring. We
> > just want to see the acts. But they milk it for all it's worth.
>
> I don't watch BGT - but I do watch a number of American shows on Universal
> and Sky Atlantic that are similarly loaded with frequent lengthy ad breaks.
> I don't watch any of them 'live' - just record them on the Sky box - and
> then whizz through the ad breaks when I do watch them. I watched a couple of
> recordings of 'The Defenders' last night. It's on Universal and they have
> lengthy ad breaks every ten minutes or so. It's frustrating even when you
> can fast forward through them. It would drive me potty if I had to sit
> through those breaks at normal speed.

Yeah, I often leave the TV room or switch over, then forgetting which
channel I was originally watching :-). Even BBC has adopted the advertising
format for announcing future programmes, or just for promoting themselves.

harry

On Jun 5, 8:04 am, johannes <j...@siz726656939455efitter.com> wrote:
> Logician wrote:
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1394402/Britai......
>
> > The UK King of judging tried to get a twitter user jailed.
>
> > Who needs free speech?
>
> I found it sad that a singer won. There are other competitions for
> singers. The piano player had the most talent IMO and should have won.

It's like trying to compare apples and pears. Pointless. I never
watch.