microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Deployment of an application with SQLExpress

Karsten Lundsgaard

10/29/2007 12:16:00 PM

Hi, I would like to make a Setup project with SQLExpress included, and it
almost works :-)

I have fixed the "package.xml" file so it installs a new instance called
"KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4", so far so good.

The problem is in the "<InstallConditions>", the check
<BypassIf Property="SQLExpressInstalled" Compare="ValueEqualTo" Value="0"/>

This check checkes if SQLExpress is already installed, but I would like to
check if the "KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4" instance is installed.
How can I check this, and where can I find some documentation on haw to make
the Package.xml file?
I would like to make the check - "BypassIf KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4_Installed"

Thanks

Karsten Lundsgaard

2 Answers

Robbe Morris - MVP C#

Via the link below, I've had the best success with its approach.

--
Robbe Morris [Microsoft MVP - Visual C#]
..NET Setup Deployment - MSI, Cassini, SQL Server, NTFS

"Karsten Lundsgaard" <KarstenLundsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C315731B-40C8-480D-84D4-BA8EB67838B7@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I would like to make a Setup project with SQLExpress included, and it
> almost works :-)
>
> I have fixed the "package.xml" file so it installs a new instance called
> "KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4", so far so good.
>
> The problem is in the "<InstallConditions>", the check
> <BypassIf Property="SQLExpressInstalled" Compare="ValueEqualTo"
> Value="0"/>
>
> This check checkes if SQLExpress is already installed, but I would like to
> check if the "KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4" instance is installed.
> How can I check this, and where can I find some documentation on haw to
> make
> the Package.xml file?
> I would like to make the check - "BypassIf KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4_Installed"
>
> Thanks
>
> Karsten Lundsgaard

Karsten Lundsgaard

Hi, Robbe Morris.

Thanks for the help, but I would like to install it without an
"Installer"-class.

BTW. I have already solved the problem with the NTFS permissions in the
PACKAGE.XML file.

<Command PackageFile="sqlexpr32.exe"
Arguments='-q /norebootchk /qn reboot=ReallySuppress
addlocal=all instancename=KAMSTRUPMT_UFx4 QLAUTOSTART=1 SECURITYMODE=SQL
SAPWD=xxxx SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" SQLBROWSERACCOUNT="NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" AGTACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" ASACCOUNT="NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" RSACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"'

Thanks

Karsten Lundsgaard