microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

"Failed to access IIS metabase" ???

ChrisA

10/3/2007 12:53:00 AM

I am trying to test an asp.net site using IIS. I'm getting the "Failed to
access IIS metabase". I find this mentioned plenty, but nothing works for
me. The error says that the worker process can not read the IIS Metabase. I
have 1) deleted ASPNET user, 2) run aspnet_regiis -i and then -ga
<mach>/ASPNET to reset everything. I can run meteacl.vbs and see that ASPNET
does have read access.
So, while everything seems fine, I can't run thru IIS!
If user ASPNET is OK, might the worker process be somehow configured for
some other identity? Where is that set??
Any other possibilities??
-- Thanks