microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Visual Studio 2005 setup project

BBD

9/27/2007 1:32:00 PM

Hi all,

I've created an installer for my .NET 2.0 C# application and, as I see,
setup directory looks as following:

Subdirectory "dotnetfx",
Subdirectory "WindowsInstaller3_1",
File setup.exe,
File MyApplication.msi

I would very like to have everything placed in one big setup.exe to ship
single file to my customer, as most other installers do. Is there any good
resources to look how it can be implemented under Visual Studio 2005?

BBD

2 Answers

Vadym Stetsiak

Hello, BBD!

There is a great FAQ about deployment projects here
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=219564&am...

--
With best regards, Vadym Stetsiak.
Blog: http://vadmyst.bl...

You wrote on Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:32:14 +0300:

B> Hi all,

B> I've created an installer for my .NET 2.0 C# application and, as I
B> see, setup directory looks as following:

B> Subdirectory "dotnetfx",
B> Subdirectory "WindowsInstaller3_1",
B> File setup.exe,
B> File MyApplication.msi

B> I would very like to have everything placed in one big setup.exe to
B> ship single file to my customer, as most other installers do. Is
B> there any good resources to look how it can be implemented under
B> Visual Studio 2005?

B> BBD

Robbe Morris - MVP C#

Check out the link below.

--
Robbe Morris [Microsoft MVP - Visual C#]
..NET Setup Deployment - MSI, Cassini, SQL Server, NTFS