microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.NET Framework 3 installation fails

Jens Ansorg

9/17/2007 7:28:00 PM

hello,

I try to install a software that requires .net 3 (Sony Vegas 8 Pro).

The .net setup gets downloaded and setup starts but soon quits with
"Requirements not met. Press OK to exit install."

What requirements my I ask?

The PC has Windows XP Pro SP2 with all recent updates. .net 1 and 2 are
installed, MS VisualStudio 2005, Office and a whole bunch of other software.

The setup creates some log files in my temp folder:
http://ja-web.de/tmp/net3-setu...

Could somebody take a look at those and tell me what the actual missing
requirement is and how to proceed?

thanks
Jens Ansorg
2 Answers

MortilEnemy

Hey,

Ive been having this problem for quit some time also, id say for about a
good year, unable to install vegas.

Today I just fixed it.

All I did was install a new installer.

To Clarify...
Its not a .net Framework Problem; still a Microsoft one. Its the
msiexec.exe's problem!

To fix, just download the new installer here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5FBC5...
733-A914-A956122E08E8&displaylang=en&displaylang=en
[you need to validate your windows install, so if you need help just
email me.]

Hope this helped, your posts are scattered throughout the net in hopes
of finding some help, sorry I didn't fix this sooner :D

Good Luck & Peace,
-calvin

[Need anymore help just email me]

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***