microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Setting the installation path with a command line option

Steve

8/20/2007 6:51:00 AM

I have created a .net dll which must be installed with a setup (named "first
setup"). I created the setup and it works fine. I'm getting a few dialogs
and one of the dialogs is for the "installation path". The default is the
application path.
Now I'm calling the first setup from a second setup in which I have set an
installation path, for instance "d:\appl".
The second setup installs my main application in this folder (d:\appl) and
the then calls the first setup. I want the .dll to be installed in the
folder I have set second setup (d:\appl), and I want the setup to go quit.
To go quit I can set /qb (no dialogs and a progress box), but the dll is
placed in the application folder of the second setup.
My question: Is it possible to set the installation path with a command line
param?
Somthing like setup.exe /qb /path="d:\appl".