microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Adding a File Search using a Registry Search value for the Folder property

Elie

8/13/2007 8:07:00 PM

Using Setup and Deployment project in Visual Studio 2005, I'm trying
to find the version on a file as a launch condition, but first I need
to find the location of the file in the registry.
I created a Registry Search and got the path I wanted.
I used this path to fill in the Folder property on a File Search.
This did not work for me because it appears that searching the target
machine searches the file system first, then the registry. Is this
assumption correct? Is there a workaround?

Thanks