microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Visual Studio 2003 Debugging on Windows server 2003 64bit question

darren

8/10/2007 11:39:00 PM

I need some help with an issue we are having with a new server we purchased,
and with its new software installed.

the setup is the following:

Dell Server (web server)
Windows server 2003 standard 64bit
ASP.NET 1.1
Remote debugging software is installed from the visual studio 2003 discs.

Workstation
XP SP2
Visual studio 2003

Requirements
I want to be able to create and debug web applications on the webserver.

Problem
I can create websites fine, i can compile them with no issues either.
However i cant debug them on the server. i receive the following error
message:
---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Not implemented

Click Help for more information.
OK Help

there are no other messages in the event log either.

Can anyone help me out? i was thinking it is caused because ASP.NET is
running in 32bit on a 64bit OS and the remote debugging software doenst
understand it ??