microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Trouble with statring up my laptop Intel Celeron

damsel in distress!

7/27/2007 5:36:00 PM

hi
Hope someone can help me. I am typing this msg on my desktop as unable to
start my laptop. As I turn it on, the message i get is:
CMOS Date/Time Not Set
Run SETUP
Press F1 to Resume.

I do this and it goes to screen Microsoft Windows XP home Edition and the
msg appears Windows is starting up but it stays stuck on that screen.

I have tries to restart computer pressing F1 to resume and then F8 which
gives me a number of options from Windows Advanced Options Menu.
I have tried pressing Last Known Good Configuration and this worked the
first time but after computer was switched off it does not work anymore.
I have tried Start Windows normally message, Reboot and Safe mode but to no
avail.

Can anyone help? I would be very grateful.

Many thanks