Re: Documenting ruby.h and intern.h (was rb_const_get documentation

>E S wrote:

>> In favour of Doxy (or rdoc), the people actually programming might be
>> more inclined to update the docs if they were present right there in
>> the source.
>>
>> In either case, I'm sure www.ruby-doc.org would have the space?

>Yes.

Excellent!

>BTW, has this:

> http://www.ruby-doc.org/doxygen/1.8.1/...

>been mentioned here yet?

Yep. The problem is that there's no documentation as to
/what/ the functions do (not to mention Doxygen's normal
cumbersome navigation). One can look at the source but,
witness my recent confusion about command-line arguments
that Nakada-dono clarified, it may not be enough :)

There's the Ruby Hacking Guide[1] that Daigo Moriwaki mentioned
on Redhanded[2]. Anyone read that, is it on this topic?

>James.

[1] http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4844317210/qid%3D1106059404/250-36967...
[2] http://redhanded...

3 Answers

James Britt

E S wrote:

>>BTW, has this:
>

>>http://www.ruby-doc.org/doxygen/1.8.1/...
>

>>been mentioned here yet?
>

> Yep. The problem is that there's no documentation as to
> /what/ the functions do (not to mention Doxygen's normal
> cumbersome navigation). One can look at the source but,
> witness my recent confusion about command-line arguments
> that Nakada-dono clarified, it may not be enough :)

Ah. Well, then perhaps more comments are needed in the source code,
and/or a way to annotate the Web pages.

James

why the lucky stiff

E S wrote:

> There's the Ruby Hacking Guide[1] that Daigo Moriwaki mentioned on
> Redhanded[2]. Anyone read that, is it on this topic?

You can see for yourself: <http://i.loveruby.net/j...

Sorry. No http://i.loveruby.n....

_why

Dick Davies

* why the lucky stiff <ruby-talk@whytheluckystiff.net> [0145 23:45]:
> E S wrote:
>
> >There's the Ruby Hacking Guide[1] that Daigo Moriwaki mentioned on
> >Redhanded[2]. Anyone read that, is it on this topic?
>
> You can see for yourself: <http://i.loveruby.net/j...
>
> Sorry. No http://i.loveruby.n....

try :

http://makeashorterlink.com/...

(http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.loveruby.net%2Fja%2Frhg%2Findex.html&wb_lp=JAEN&am...)
--
'Bender, Ship, stop arguing or I'll come back there and change
your opinions manually.'