Ruby equivalent to webbrowser.py

Bil Kleb

1/22/2005 4:43:00 PM

My searching abilities have failed me: Is there a Ruby library
similar to Python's webbrowser.py? (which launches and remotely
controls web browsers)

Viz,

http://pydoc.org/2.2/webbr...
http://pydoc.org/get.cgi/usr/lib/python2.2/web...

Thanks,
--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
http://fun3d.lar...

Shashank Date

--- Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.Gov> wrote:

> My searching abilities have failed me: Is there a
> Ruby library similar to Python's webbrowser.py?
> (which launches and remotely controls web browsers)

I don't know if webbrowser.py works for many browsers
and on many platforms. If that is true, then I am not
sure if we have one like it in Ruby (yet). But on
Windows using I.E., I have recently played with watir
and find extremely easy to use:

http://wtr.rubyforge.org/watir_user_...

> http://pydoc.org/2.2/webbr...

http://pydoc.org/get.cgi/usr/lib/python2.2/web...