App Plugins

Douglas Livingstone

1/20/2005 2:58:00 AM

Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

Cheers,
Douglas

3 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:58:13 +0900, Douglas Livingstone
<rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
> plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

tDiary and FreeRide.

The conversion routines in Ruwiki are also based on plugins; as are
the language files for Text::Hyphen.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Curt Hibbs

Douglas Livingstone wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
> plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)

FreeRIDE is 100% plugin based. It has a reusable plugin framework called
FreeBase that we intend (someday) to package up as an independent RubyForge
project. Rich Kilmer has used it in some projects for his clients and, of
course, FreeRIDE is built on top of it.

For more info, see:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-...

and

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.p...

Curt

Laurent Sansonetti

<rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of a Ruby application which can accept
> plugin modules? (Via uploading a zip or text file to the site.)
>
> Cheers,
> Douglas

In Alexandria (http://alexandria.rub...), providers are kind of
pluggins (though it is not possible to install them at runtime yet).

Laurent