[ANN] RubyScript2Exe 0.3.2

Erik Veenstra

1/18/2005 11:39:00 PM

I've released RubyScript2Exe 0.3.2 [1,2].

* Updated to FreePascal 1.9.6 .

* Added --rubyscript2exe-verbose and --rubyscript2exe-quiet.

* Fixed a bug concerning ENV["RUBYOPT"] on the machine of the
customer.

* Fixed a bug concerning spaces in the path to ruby.exe (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\ruby\ruby.exe).

* Fixed a bug concerning read-only files.

gegroet,
Erik V.

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...
[2] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/distributingrubyapplications/...

4 Answers

Its Me

"Erik Veenstra" <google@erikveen.dds.nl> wrote in message
> I've released RubyScript2Exe 0.3.2 [1,2].

Your site is extremely informative! Any plans to share your thoughts re:
- license key management?
- obfuscation or other (thin) safety measures?

Thanks.

Erik Veenstra

> "Erik Veenstra" <goo...@erikveen.dds.nl> wrote in message
>
> > I've released RubyScript2Exe 0.3.2 [1,2].
>
> Your site is extremely informative!

Writing in a human language is as much fun as writing in a
computer language, even when it's Ruby... Maybe more fun. You
don't get feedback from a computer...

> Any plans to share your thoughts re:
>
> - license key management?

Can't be too difficult. Just reading a file and checking a key
before doing anything. To be done by EEE, so it's hard to
"decompile" with --eee-justextract. Do you have some algorithms
for generating and checking keys?

> - obfuscation or other (thin) safety measures?

I could block the use of --eee-list and --eee-justextract, but
it's still easy to peek into the application by getting the
files from $TEMP once the application is up and running. Real
obfuscation is not easy.

gegroet,
Erik V.

Its Me

"Erik Veenstra" <google@erikveen.dds.nl> wrote in message
> Do you have some algorithms
> for generating and checking keys?

Nope, it's something I know very little about.

Erik Veenstra

> > Do you have some algorithms for generating and checking
> > keys?
>
> Nope, it's something I know very little about.
That's more than I know about it...

gegroet,
Erik V.